Policies and Procedures
All Licensed Dealers are welcomed to participate in the buy, selling, and consignment of automobiles. The following procedures will assist all parties in understanding the expectations of conducting business in a fair and ethical manner.
- Alliance will require Dealers to complete all registration information and any additional information, if requested, prior to buying, selling, or consigning units.
- Please submit all changes to registration information to the Alliance business office in writing.
- All Dealers must obtain a Bidders Badge before entering the sales area to conduct business
- As a courtesy to our dealers, Alliance allows dealers to bring up to 1 guest, however, this is solely up to the auction's discretion. A $30 guest fee will be charged. Dealers are 100% legally & financially liable for their guests and their actions while on Alliance property. Guests must abide by Alliance Auto Auctions policies and procedures at all times. Alliance Auctioneers are strictly prohibited from acknowledging or accepting bids from individuals who have Guest or Driver badges.
- Bidders may not use a Bidders Badge that is not their own.
- Alliance reserves the right to access credit reporting agencies to obtain and verify credit history.
- All persons on the Alliance property agree to abide by all Federal, State, County, and Municipal ordinances and laws.
- All persons on the Alliance property agree to abide by all posted signage, policies, procedures, and decisions of Alliance.
- All vehicles consigned with Alliance are subject to government inspection, with or without prior notice, by the FBI, State Police, National Auto Theft Bureau, Local Police Authorities, any other governmental agency, or quasi- governmental agency.
- Alliance reserves the right to refuse anyone the use of its services.
- Alliance makes no representations or guarantees on any vehicle sold or offered for sale.
- All transactions are subject to final approval through Alliance Management.
- Alliances reserves the right to search any package or vehicle entering or exiting the property.
- Alliance makes no guarantees regarding the mileage of vehicles.
- Any dealer or agent causing damage to a vehicle or the premises will be liable for the cost to repair all damages.
- If a statement or threat of non-payment is made to the auction at any time by a dealer or agent, Alliance will exercise all legal rights under the law including but not limited to, filing a claim with Auction Insurance, bond acquisition of said buyer, ensuring dealer is entered into the nationwide KO Book, and any and all necessary legal action against the dealer for any losses.
- Alliance assumes no liability for physical damage to a vehicle, theft of contents or the vehicle, or any general liability while vehicles are being bought, sold, or on consignment.
- All persons who are Buyers, Sellers, or Consigners, their agents and guests, agree to indemnify and hold harmless Alliance Auto Auction, LLC., Waco Auction, Inc., Alliance Auto Auction of Dallas, Inc., West Texas Auction Inc., Alliance Auto Auction of Austin, Inc, and or any of its agents for any liability or claim.
- Bidder Badges and Guest/Driver Badges need to be displayed in a visible manner while conducting business
- The auctioneer reserves the right to not acknowledge or accept bids from those without a visible Alliance Bidders Badge. Alliance auctioneers are strictly prohibited from acknowledging or accepting bids from individuals who have a Guest or Driver badge.
- Children under the age of 18 are not allowed on the lot or in the auction arena.
- Alliance is not responsible for any statements or representations made by a seller, third party, or consignor.
- Only announcements made publicly by the auctioneer, on behalf of the Seller, will be deemed valid.
- Payment is expected on the day of sale. Alliance Auto Auctions offers a grace period of 48hrs to receive payment for purchases made on sale day. If payment is not received by this time, a late fee of $175 will be added to the purchase price of the unit.
- The sales price and all fees can be paid by draft, cash, floor plan, or business check. (no personal checks allowed)
- Customers wishing to pay by draft or floor plan, please contact the Alliance business office for assistance.
- Occasionally there will be additional fees for a unit added to the Dealership account. These fees are to be paid within 7 days of receiving the Accounts Receivable Statement. Failure to pay on time may result in a disruption to your membership privileges at Alliance Auto Auctions.
- To represent each vehicle's condition with transparency and honesty and in accordance with NAAA requirements.
- If a clear and marketable title is not delivered to the auction within 30 calendar days after the vehicle is sold, the buyer may return the vehicle to the auction upon a 24 hour notification. Upon notification, the seller will have until the close of business the following business day to get a title to Alliance. If a title isn’t provided within the timeframe, the seller is responsible for purchase price, auction fees, and transportation back to the auction.
- Titles received after 30 calendar days of the date of sale will be charged a Late Title Fee.
- To assist Alliance in obtaining duplicate titles, lien releases, affidavits, etc.
- Agrees to pay Alliance their fees for all vehicles returned and arbitration fees against the seller.
- The seller agrees to pay all reasonable transportation charges.
- Please refer to NAAA Guidelines for additional Seller Responsibilities.
- The correct description, mileage and condition, including any relevant information regarding the vehicle.
- Frame damage and/or repaired frames.
- Police cars, taxi cabs, rebuilt units and theft recovery vehicles.
- Reassigned Vehicle Identification Numbers
- Vehicle missing or altered factory emission equipment
- The true correct odometer reading
- Salvage title
- Any known arbitratable defect exceeding $500 to repair (wholesale/auction costs)
- Please refer to NAAA Guidelines for all additional Seller Responsibilities.
- Inspect vehicles before the sale begins
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that the miles and year of the vehicle printed are correct
- To make their bids known to the ringman or auctioneer
- To be aware of any announcements regarding vehicles made by the Alliance auctioneer
- Acknowledge your acceptance of being the winning bidder and sign the block ticket for the vehicle.
- To inspect all vehicles purchased before the close of business on sale day.
- Pay the sale price and all fees by draft, cash, floor plan, or company check on the day of the sale before leaving the Alliance premises.
- Remove purchased vehicles from the Alliance premises within 7 calendar days from the date of purchase. Vehicles left on the premises after seven days will be assessed a storage fee.
- Any vehicles purchased and left on the premises over 90 calendar days will be disposed of by Alliance. Alliance will hold storage fees out of the proceeds.
- Please refer to NAAA Guidelines for additional Buyer Responsibilities
- Per NAAA Guidelines, if a clear and marketable title is not delivered to the auction within 30 calendar days after the vehicle is sold, the buyer may return the vehicle to the auction upon a 24 hour notification. Upon notification, the seller will have until the close of business the following business day to get a title to Alliance. If a title isn’t provided within the timeframe, the seller is responsible for purchase price, auction fees, and transportation back to the auction, and any other fees related to the returned vehicle because the title is not clear and marketable.
- Titles received after 30 calendar days of the date of sale will be charged a Late Title Fee.
- The buyer is responsible for any improvements made to a vehicle before the title is provided. If a buyer chooses to perform any repairs or improvements before a title is provided, they will not be eligible for reimbursement of any of those said costs. The only reimbursement that a buyer is guaranteed upon returning a vehicle is the purchase price of the vehicle and the sales fee.
- If a clear title cannot be provided to the buyer and the vehicle is returned by the buyer, it must be returned in the same condition as when it left the auction. A return inspection will be performed by the auction to ensure the unit is in the same condition. (NAAA rules apply regarding monthly depreciation of vehicle)
- If the seller represents the vehicle to have a clear and marketable title and it comes in salvage, insurance dated, etc., the buyer has the right to return the vehicle. Purchase price, sale fee and possibly transportation costs will be reimbursed to the buyer and Alliance will add the fees to be paid by the seller.
- Please refer to NAAA Guidelines for additional Title Policies.
- As a courtesy to our customers, Alliance will make every effort to contact buyers on the status of their "IF" Bids. This communication is not guaranteed or required by the auction. It is the buyer's responsibility to contact the auction for the status of their "IF" Bids. If a length of time has passed and you have not heard from Alliance regarding the status of your "IF" Bid, please contact us and we will provide you with any information that we have at that time.
- Alliance does not recognize a time frame for "IF" expiration. Buyer is fully obligated for the sale until notified otherwise. It is ultimately the buyer's responsibility to contact the auction for the status of their "IF" bids.
- When the seller accepts the "IF" bid, the vehicle is considered sold and the buyer must pay for the vehicle according to the Alliance payment policy.
- If you wish to make an arbitration claim for any &"IF" bid, please do so before the close of business on the day of sale.
Vehicles Leaving the Premises
- No vehicle will leave the premises without a current Alliance gate pass or receipt of payment
- No vehicle will be allowed to be removed from Alliance property without payment in full.
- No Test Driving allowed on Alliance property except Alliance Abilene as there is a test track on site.
» Review NAAA's Arbitration Guidelines Here (updated January 2021)
» Review Alliance's Arbitration Guidelines Here (updated January 2021)