Green Light: Seller guarantees engine, rear end, transmission, power steering, drive train and air conditioning. Mechanical repairs less than $600.00 wholesale per item cannot be arbitrated.
Yellow Light: Seller guarantees transmission, rear end and drive train. Mechanical repairs less than $600.00 per item wholesale cannot be arbitrated.
Red Light: "AS IS" - no mechanical guarantee, no mechanical arbitration.
Red Light & Yellow Light Together: “AS IS” – No arbitration.
- Units will automatically be Red Light (AS-IS) if 125,000+ miles (150k if diesel) or 10 years and older unless represented by Seller differently on the block
*All vehicles sold for less than $3,000 will be sold AS-IS unless sold on a green light by Seller.
- Units with the following classifications will be listed As-Is unless represented by the Seller differently on the sale block:
- The unit has an odometer reading of 125,000 miles (150k if diesel) or more
- The unit is more than 10 years old
- The vehicle’s sale price is less than $3,000
- The seller designates the unit As-Is
- All arbitration claims must be presented before the close of business on the day of sale. In addition to said time frame, all claims must be in compliance with the Alliance location’s Test Drive Policy which takes precedence once unit has exited the Alliance gate.
- The expense for consultation and/or arbitration will be the responsibility of the party who is declared incorrect.
Test Drive Policy
- Austin, Dallas, Longview & Waco:
- 20/20 Policy: On the day of sale, Buyers have 20 minutes or 20 miles (whichever comes first) from the time a unit exits the gate to perform a test drive and file any arbitration complaint. Any complaints must be made in person or by phone within the 20/20 timeframe. *Note: This does not apply to units that have received a PSI as the timelines of that particular PSI prevail.
- Units purchased at the Alliance Abilene location are not eligible for the 20/20 or 120/20 policy as there is a test track designated for customers to complete their test drive.
- Specialty Units - defined as anything that is not a vehicle – all watercraft, RV, motorcycle, ATV’s, farm or commercial operating equipment, etc.
- These units will be sold absolute AS IS. No Guarantee. These units are not eligible for any Post Sale Inspection or Arbitration, even related to title and/or bill of sale issues.
- Units are treated as a “cash only” sale. Payment is expected on day of sale and no seller check will be cut until the purchase is fully funded from the buyer. If the purchase is not fully funded within 48hrs, the sale will be voided.
- It is the dealer’s responsibility to ensure his/her license meets state mandates.
- For your convenience Alliance offers Frame Checks, Informational, 3, 7, and 14 day Post Sale Inspections (PSI) to be purchased on the day of sale. Please refer to our services page for the most current pricing of these services.
- Please note the buyer is responsible for the PSI fee regardless if the unit passes or fails PSI.
- Alliance reserves the right to make repairs to any identified PSI issue and has the final say as to whether a unit is cancelled or repaired.
- Units sold As-Is or Red Light are only eligible for a Frame Check or an Informational PSI
NAAA Arbitration Guidelines
We are an NAAA Auction and we adhere to NAAA Guidelines. You may download the current guidelines here View/Download PDF (updated January 2021)